Hey, look at that, I did some sewing! I finally finished my cutting mat bag (more in a later post), which had been causing a bit of a blockage with my mojo. That, and being away last week, meant very little sewing was happening around here. Which is a shame, because I have a ‘Want to do’ list as long as my arm:
- Quilt for our spare (air) bed. A practise run before I work on…
- Quilt for our super-king bed. The quilt that got me into this in the first place! I decided to start with smaller projects for practise.
- Placemats. Our existing ones are
a bitvery grotty, and I’m afraid they’ll fall apart in the wash. I took advantage of Abakhan‘s recent sale and scored some fabric on clearance to make some new mats (Moda at 70% + off? Hell yeah!).
- Hot pads. Our existing ones are as useful as a chocolate teapot. I’ll make some to match the placemats.
- A table runner to match the new mats. Just because I want to experiment with Dresden wedges.
But first, a modifed Hexagon Park in Pezzy Print. I’m making this in a preemie size for Project Linus to practise machine-sewing hexagons. I finally got started on the piecing today and it felt so nice to make progress with something!
Linking up with WIP Wednesday over at Freshly Pieced, guest-hosted by The Busy Bean this week.