That’s how I spent my Wednesday, wipping away. Victim one, my cutting mag bag. I cut all the pockets too short. Wide enough, but too short. So I had to rip them all out and come up with a new plan. I didn’t have enough fabric left to cut new pockets, so I
bodged improvised. I cut cotton webbing tape to bind the tops and bottoms of the pockets, finishing the edges without losing any height. It worked!
(Clearly I was short of fabric. I couldn’t even get this pocket out with the trees the right way up). Now I just need to wait for my walking foot for my new old sewing machine to get here, so I can do the longer lengths. The tape puckered a lot without it, so I’ll have to be patient.
Victim two: a sweater I knitted and hated. It was the second chance for this yarn and I can’t make it work for me, so I ripped all 900 grams of it and traded it on Ravelry. It’s been sitting there on the rocking chair, staring at me, for months. Now it’s out of the house I feel so much better!
And finally, a WIP without any wipping! I want to make a hexy quilt but can’t hand sew that much (dodgy joints). I’m experimenting with scaling down Hexagon Park to see if I can make it do what I want. My trial run is a preemie baby quilt for Project Linus. I can see myself making several quilts for them – they’ll be a nice way to audition blocks on a small scale.
Linking up with WIP
Thursday Wednesday over at Freshly Pieced.